Asparagus-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 asparagus stalks, ends trimmed (plus more if you’ve got it)
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- On a cutting board, cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise, leaving it intact on one side, like a book.
- Season the inside of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest on the interior of the chicken. Top with a slice of provolone and four stalks of asparagus, then fold the chicken over, enclosing the filling.
- Season the outside of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Heat a large skillet with a lid over medium high heat, then add the oil. Add the chicken to the pan and brown for 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Flip the chicken over and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Flip the chicken again, add the lemon juice and any additional asparagus if you have any, and cover with the lid.
- Let cook, flipping every 10 minutes, until cooked, about 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for five minutes.
- Serve chicken and any additional asparagus hot. Top with any sauce in the pan.
© 2018 Pacdude Games