For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons minced jalapeños (canned or jarred)
- 4 teaspoons jalapeño juice (from the can or jar)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the Quesadillas
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 4 slices American cheese
- sour cream (for dipping)
- Combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 4 teaspoons minced jalapeños and jalapeño juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, 2 teaspoons cumin, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, and a pinch or two of salt in a bowl. Let the mixture sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Season the chicken tenderloins with taco seasoning on both sides. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil until shimmering, then add chicken and fry until the chicken reaches 165ºF in the middle. Remove from the heat, and chop into small, bite-size pieces.
- Pre-heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Get the sauce from the fridge, then top a tortilla with some of the sauce, using a pastry brush or the back of a spoon. Put the dry side of the tortilla on the skillet.
- Sprinkle half of the tortilla with some of the Mexican cheese and one slice of American cheese. Place 1/4 cup of chopped chicken on the same half of the cheese.
- Fold the quesadilla in half and pat down with a spatula. Flip the quesadilla over to make sure both sides get brown and crispy. Cook until the cheese is melty.
- Cut into 3 pieces and serve with a side of sour cream.
This is technically a half quesadilla. To make a full quesadilla, use two tortillas stacked and fill the round whole.
© 2018 Pacdude Games