Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound ground mild or hot Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 large russet potatoes, unpeeled and sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 cups (48oz) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups fresh kale, chiffonaded
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Set your Instant Pot to Saute, then add the olive oil. Once the oil is heated (you can tell when it looks and feels thinner), throw in the onions and cook until they start to become a little see-through.
- Add the sausage meat and break up into smaller pieces, and cook until the meat is browned.
- Add the garlic and cook for a couple minutes, about three minutes.
- Add potato slices, chicken broth and water and stir until everything is well-mixed.
- Lock the lid into place and set the valve to Sealing.
- Set your Instant Pot to High Pressure manually for 5 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot is finished cooking, let it naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes, then flip the valve to Venting for a quick release.
- Once the pressure pin drops, remove the lid and add your kale to the Instant Pot and stir. The kale will wilt as you stir everything together.
- Once the kale is mixed in, pour in the cream and stir to combine.
- Serve with a crusty bread and enjoy!
The "Culinary Institute of Tuscany" that Olive Garden promotes as owning is actually a workshop the company runs for 2 weeks out of the Riserva Di Fizzano Hotel in Chianti, Tuscany.
© 2018 Pacdude Games